You spend 40 hours a week with your colleagues.
At Upwork, there’s never a minute when you can’t be your full self.
Inclusion is at our core.
Find support and guidance with our Employee Resource Groups.
At Upwork, we are striving to create a place where we all belong. We talk frequently about bringing our whole selves to work, and know that each of us does our best thinking and creating when we are empowered to use all our insights, perspectives, and gifts.
Our community of ERGs was created to help harness that power and pay it forward. Each ERG has leaders and executive sponsors within the company and welcomes participation from all our offices and remote employees.
We believe that innovation comes from diverse groups collaborating together where everyone is heard. This helps us live our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Learn more about each of our ERGs.
Upwork's resource group for female-identifying employees.
Upwork's resource group for LGBTQ+ employees.
Upwork's resource group for Latinx employees.
Upwork's resource group for Black employees.
Upwork's resource group for veterans and their families.
Upwork's resource group for employees with caregiving responsibilities.
Upwork's resource group for Pan-Asian employees.
We're always working to lift you up.
Each Upwork employee receives a Career Development Budget along with access to
LinkedIn Learning courses and internal workshops to help you grow your career.
We offer reimbursements for fitness programs and access to 24/7 emotional
well-being support, so you can feel healthy in body and mind.
Making sure everyone has a chance to move forward
The Upwork Foundation is Upwork's social impact arm–our goal is to make sure the future of work is inclusive, especially for communities at risk of being left behind by changing technology.
The Upwork Foundation’s approach is fourfold, including:
- Giving through grants and fundraising that support high-performing nonprofit organizations focused on skill development in underserved communities.
- Partnerships with organizations that support individuals lacking socioeconomic opportunity due to geographical and/or historical limitations.
- Product support to nonprofit organizations, helping them to increase social impact and realize their mission by leveraging top talent on Upwork.
- Volunteering in our local communities across the U.S. and championing employees’ most important causes and organizations.
Support for the grown-ups with little ones
A parent’s job is never done, which is why we’re committed to helping you find the work-life balance you need.
All Upwork parents enjoy:
- 12 week fully paid parental leave with a full pre and post pregnancy support network
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Fertility and adoption subsidies
- On-demand back-up child care
- A support system of other parents through our Family ERG
And all Upwork employees enjoy...
Medical insurance for you and your family
Free meals and snacks 5 days a week
Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
Pre-tax commuter benefits that are subsidized at 50%
Rich 401(k) offering with matching
Generous ESPP program
Give your work life an upgrade.