Director, People Analytics and Compensation
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As the Director, People Analytics and Compensation, you’ll play an integral part as a leader on the People Operations team influencing and driving compensation outcomes that will impact Upwork, including proactively identifying and developing compensation strategies and solutions to address sophisticated business challenges. You will also lead our People Analytics function, identifying new ways to use data, and combining both feedback from employees and partners and the latest industry research to make scalable, data-driven, and equitable compensation decisions. This is an opportunity to join an outstanding team with an inclusive culture !
People Analytics/HRIS responsibilities:
- Develop people analytics reporting based on Company priorities and critical initiatives, including implementation of people analytics tool to drive self-service, real-time data reporting
- Strategically improve and run people-related reporting, including talent acquisition and diversity, equity, and inclusion reporting
- Manage Workday system integrity and accuracy
- Partner with the HR People Operations Optimization Manager to optimize HRIS system (Workday) by finding opportunities to automate or reduce manual processes and improve Workday tools and functionality
- Collaborate with the Total Rewards Leader to strategize, design, and deliver new and innovative compensation plans
- Lead semi annual compensation review process, including partnering with cross-functional teams to drive consistency in compensation planning, program administration, and performance cycles
- Analyze market data and provide job profile insights for creation of compensation bands for new and existing roles in business
- Build and maintain impactful relationships with Human Resource Business Partners and Managers to ensure effective communication of compensation strategies
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Deep compensation and benefits experience
- Technical knowledge of compensation design and track record of providing creative and scalable designs and programs responsive to the company's evolving strategies
- Experience building scalable HRIS solutions within Workday
- Ability to translate business goals into analytics/data based solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills
- Expertise in developing and automating dashboards and key-metrics reporting
- Advanced skills in building and manipulating spreadsheets (Google Sheets and/or MS Excel)
- A passion for data analytics
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.