People Operations Specialist
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The People Operations Team see ourselves as innovators and will re-define employee experiences for our people. At the same time, we will “work smart” by integrating proven standard methodologies. We will be leaders in showing how to put independent talent at the heart of a company by thinking outside the traditional compensation and benefit “boxes.” We will win as a team and when we fail, we will learn as a team. Our vision is to build an undeniable value proposition across compensation, benefits, and equity that enables us to attract, retain, and develop extraordinary talent.
Our team is looking for someone who will take ownership of our processes (onboarding, termination, etc) and make it their own. You will need to be the embodiment of Upwork’s values since you will be the first to interact with our employees during onboarding.
- Facilitate and lead new hire orientation; process all new hire paperwork, handle comms to EE’s and Hiring Managers, process I-9s, edit and monitor Workday new hire profiles
- Provide termination support to HR Business Partners; including sending separation documents, processing severances, coordinating equipment return and systems access shutoff, performing exit meetings and working with managers and termed EE’s on outstanding items, and performing backend Workday and file management
- Provide first level support to our employees regarding Benefits and Workday
- Work with cross functional partners on misc. projects as needed For example: Working with legal to ensure our Checkr background check standard methodologies are aligned, working with the People Ops sub-team, onboarding with the People Organizational Development team, working with Marketing on collecting data around candidate perceptions of our employer brand, etc
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience with Workday and Greenhouse
- Customer Service experience that demonstrates strong communication skills
- Desire to constantly improve, fix processes and problem solve
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.