Senior Data Analyst, Client Growth
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Business Analytics & Insights | San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL or Remote
The Upwork Business Analytics & Insights team harnesses an extensive trove of data from our platform as well as data collected from 3rd party systems to inform and empower the company with insights about the business.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivated Senior Data Analyst who will drive deep investigations into our behavioral and transactional data. You will have the opportunity to unlock unique and valuable insights, driving immediate and impactful changes to the product! Our Client Growth Product team is focused on acquiring, onboarding, and nurturing our Clients throughout their entire lifecycle on our platform, delivering delightful experiences that lead to long-term engagement.
- You’ll closely collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to build and execute our Client acquisition, engagement and retention strategies.
- Develop an unparalleled understanding of the dynamics behind what makes for a successful and engaged Client in order to unlock new sources of growth.
- Propose, design and analyze AB tests that focus on improving the Client experience
- Drive analytics projects from idea to execution: translate a business question into an analytical framework, design AB tests, generate insights through analysis, and champion your recommendations to key decision makers.
- Contribute to building the category-defining Work Marketplace, bringing economic opportunity to our global customer base.
- Develop new metrics and analytical concepts that define and communicate the subtle, nuanced, yet impactful drivers of Client engagement.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrable ability to apply critical thinking and an eagerness to dive into the data, producing immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques with Looker, Domo, Tableau, or similar toolset
- Experience with scripting languages (PHP, Python) or other automation tools and techniques
- Previous experience in a marketplace or eCommerce business
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.