Senior Product Manager, Virtual Talent Bench and Social Graph
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is the virtual talent bench for clients - where they can discover, organize and access talent to augment their teams. For talent, Upwork is their rolodex of go-to clients and talent they want to collaborate with. You will bring this vision to life, conceiving and building innovations to the customer experience that make it easier than ever before to work and hire independently. You will lead a pod of designers, engineers, marketers, a PM, a writer, an analyst and a researcher to execute this high visibility and high impact initiative.
- Deeply understand customer needs and what makes customers successful today by combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Cast a vision for what Upwork will look like when we put client and talent relationships at the center of the experience
- Lead a team to deliver value to customers, taking ideas from concept through implementation, testing and learning as you go
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment, and driving growth for the business.
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses, and working to execute with cross-functional teams.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Consistent track record of combining data and customer feedback to frame problems and develop solutions, including testing hypotheses through A/B experiments
- Solid understanding of and application of Economic principles and market design
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
- You know how to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You are impatient, get things done and drive a supernatural amount of impact. You get your own data insights using SQL, talk to customers and are constantly learning new skills.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.