Lifecycle Marketing Manager
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Lifecycle Marketing team is responsible for developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns that grow the use of our work marketplace by both independent talent and clients. The team is focused on using technology to create impactful, and personalized experiences across email, push notifications, sms, and within the platform at scale. We’re all in on evolving how we market to talent and clients, and the Manager, Lifecycle Marketing will be joining at a pivotal time to lead the team responsible for our Marketplace communications. We have ambitious plans to create a world class customer experience and this role has the opportunity to guide the strategy and bring it to life.
- Manage daily operations of the email marketing channel, including the execution and deployment of email campaigns
- Build, manage, and test high-impact multi-channel campaigns (email, push, SMS, in-app notifications, and more) that deliver a great customer experience and grow the use of Upwork’s Work Marketplace
- Work with cross functional teams to develop and iterate on campaigns that meet business objectives while also supporting our lifecycle marketing strategy
- Become an expert in our customer journeys and a strong advocate for our audience to ensure the best customer experience across our channels
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practices, laws, and data privacy policies, and consult stakeholders on these areas
- Manage independent professionals to ensure campaigns are launched on time
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A background creating impactful email marketing campaigns, with multi-channel experience as well
- Experience creating lifecycle marketing campaigns in the staffing industry, at a marketplace company, or for a large brand
- Experience using Responsys, Braze, or Tealium
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and communication skills
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.