Senior Financial Analyst - Marketing and G&A
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to help make sound financial decisions. Your work will include but is not limited to cross functional business partnering, modeling business scenarios, tracking performance measurements and guiding the company for strategic decision making. More specifically your work will include working directly with the Sales, Marketing, HR, Legal, Workplace and CFO org functions of our business. You will be a pillar of great business partnering, while also developing an expertise of your given areas of the business.
You are a highly motivated teammate, have excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. You are exquisite, and ask the appropriate questions to be an excellent business partner. This person will partner with individual department heads to understand historical and future spending and will be involved with the company’s P&L forecasting and reporting process, monthly close processes and internal reporting. Lastly, individual projects may call for you to provide additional finance support.
- Serve as a primary finance business partner to the Sales, Marketing, and General and Administrative functions; handling departmental expenses (ie. headcount, vendor etc), budgeting, accrual management and development and tracking of meaningful metrics to measure efficiencies and return on investment.
- Analyze financial data to build models for decision support and guidance
- Provide financial inputs for CAC:LTV financial models and business case frameworks.
- Perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations to the business
- Identify and drive operational improvements, creation of ad-hoc reports and dashboards
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated experience in a finance related role
- Experience managing department-level/business unit operating expenses (ideally in Sales, Marketing, or G&A function).
- Proven executive presence, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent modeling, reporting and presentation skills (Adaptive Insights, Excel, G-suite experience
- Problem solver with sound business judgement
- Superb attention to detail
- Consistent positive attitude, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves and ask difficult questions.
- Willingness to learn about Sales, Marketing or G&A functions if you do not have the requisite experience.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.