Senior Product Manager, Client Growth
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Manager within the Client Growth team to own and drive the product strategy for growing both paid and organic traffic to Upwork. This is a multifaceted challenge where you’ll need to bring all of your leadership experience, product skills and internal drive to take Upwork to new dizzying heights! You'll be specifically focusing on how we build and scale experiences to attract new customers. As the Sr. Product Manager - Growth, you will lead the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key SEO and Paid growth product initiatives. You will come up with big bets on how to expand our footprint and gain efficiencies, engage prospects to take action, run experiments, analyze lots of data, and build and execute a cohesive product growth strategy.
- Drive the Upwork cross-functional Growth product initiatives that focus on top-of-funnel traffic. Define the Product and Marketing vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Drive product requirements definition, product planning, design, and development process end to end, to successful launches.
- Run tons of A/B tests, evaluate experiment results and push forward next steps at a rapid pace.
- Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers and product metrics to determine the right set of experiences and features to drive engagement.
- Collaborate closely with SEO and Paid teams to develop winning tactics and strategies that maximize the organic and paid search visibility of the product.
- Stay abreast of the market landscape and emerging trends.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Possesses an understanding of how to grow and scale SEO and Paid initiatives
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience
- Experience building web products with a demonstrated ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams to drive product planning, development and launch.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
#LI - BH1