Director, Product Marketing
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As a Director, you’ll be in a lead role of a small but mighty team with access to key leaders and areas of the business. You’ll work with partners across the organization to shape new product features and initiatives and ensure we deliver a consistent, customer-centered experience. We’re looking for a strategic leader and customer advocate with experience executing at speed and scale. If you are hungry to drive product marketing strategy for key initiatives and products in a cross-functional, high-impact role, then this job is for you.
- Lead and develop a small team of full-stack product marketers to further the team vision of a strategic, scalable team driving high impact business outcomes
- Drive positioning, messaging, insight development, go-to-market, and adoption efforts for a portfolio of product lines
- Partner closely with leadership across product, design, sales, and marketing to drive and influence product pricing, product roadmap development, and the customer experience
- Synthesize market, product, and customer insights to influence the roadmap and ensure a consistent, compelling customer experience
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Cross-functional product marketing leadership with a track record of delivering on high-impact goals -- marketplace experience is a bonus!
- Experience leading and growing a team of high-performing product marketers
- Strategic mindset and ability to frame problems and develop ambitious solutions, while balancing the demands of executing at speed and scale
- Proven success partnering and influencing cross-functional leadership across the product development process
- User research expertise and a passion for amplifying the voice of the customer to solve their pain-points
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.