Senior Product Manager, Trust, Safety, and Social Impact
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team dedicated to ensuring trust and inclusion throughout our work marketplace. You will set the vision and roadmap for our inclusive hiring features, enabling clients to meet their diversity and inclusion goals and enabling talent from underrepresented backgrounds to get the work they want.
You will also address common trust and safety violations, like circumvention, through in-product education that nudges our users in the right direction to ensure marketplace quality and integrity. Longterm, you’ll set a broader vision for social impact and trust at Upwork, rallying others to help you translate that vision into a reality.
- Build a prioritized roadmap that modernizes our identity verification experience and improves our users' experiences when Trust & Safety violations occur, to help keep Upwork’s community safe
- Collaborate with partners in design, engineering, marketing, research, sales, legal, and analytics to execute against that roadmap, rigorously testing hypotheses and iterating as you learn
- Set a strategic vision that maps the projects we deliver into a broader ecosystem of systems and tools to support the future needs of Upwork Trust & Safety
- Deliver measurable results that show progress in improving customer experiences while reducing risks on the platform to our customers
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Product management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise influencing user behavior through passive cues
- Ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to frame problems and develop solutions
- Commitment to both Upwork’s social impact and business growth
- Ability to get things done and drive a supernatural amount of impact within a cross-functional team
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly evolving goals and priorities
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.