Senior Product Manager, Payroll Solutions
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to drive outcomes for our payroll & compliance capabilities. This involves building a ‘whole product’ solution that includes product working with sales, operations, engineering, marketing, etc. Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing product strategy and prioritizing focus areas; execution of key product initiatives and accountability of outcomes; and communicating plans to key stakeholders. This role will have a direct impact on an intricate and complex part of the product that will stretch your systems and product skills.
- Be the leader of your product area by advocating for the customer and the platform, owning outcomes and driving to decisions that have positive impact
- Manage our payroll/compliance workflows and enhance that capability to service customers, drive new product lines and aid internal partners
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop, align, prioritize, and execute on the long-term and short-term roadmaps
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. Raise and resolve risks or misalignment that prevent progress
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous work in product management, specifically with experience in payroll/compliance or related technologies
- Ability to guide engineering teams through a plan that involves working with complex workflows, you do this in a scalable and effective manner
- Experience with building a thorough product roadmap, breaking it into key milestones, working to execute with cross-functional teams and communicating the impact with clear summaries
- Have owned major product initiatives from ideation to completion and can articulate outcomes using data and client insights
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relations at all levels and across the organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.