Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment. As a Brand Manager at Upwork, you will support the development and execution of brand initiatives and ensure consistency, and scaling of the brand voice and identity across the entire Upwork consumer journey. This highly visible role will partner with the brand, communications, product marketing, and sales to establish and reinforce the Upwork brand while driving awareness, engagement, and demand generation amongst our clients and independent talent. This is a great opportunity to help build a world-class brand marketing organization at a fast growing company that’s changing how work gets done.
- Aid in developing new or revising existing brand resources as needed for brand initiatives to ensure materials represent the brand’s image and can be executed by departments across Upwork.
- Support the development of brand programs with partners and stakeholders (culture, content, experiential, creative, etc) to build tools and resources that can be seamlessly implemented across customer channels.
- Help develop and execute communication strategies associated with launching tactics/deliverables in support of the brand strategies and stated performance goals.
- Build, edit and maintain brand-level content, including presentations, brand books, guides, toolkits, videos, etc.
- Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive communications plan for the Brand that encompasses internal and external audiences.
- Serve as the brand representative for Upwork team responsibilities include (1) collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to ensure brand representation and alignment (2) Field Brand-specific questions and ensure timely and accurate responses (3) Establish a feedback loop across teams to understand and address ongoing brand needs.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated competencies across brand marketing, brand story development, plus creating and maintaining brand books
- Prior work in building, managing, and optimizing brand campaigns.
- Expertise in brand marketing, building brand education programs, and project leadership
- Experience working in a brand-led company
- Proven success in launching and leading brand programs across owned, earned, and paid media channels
- A successful track record of managing, influencing, and getting work done across departments at all levels as well among agency partners
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.