Financial Risk Manager
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Financial Risk team is tasked with managing Upwork’s payment fraud across all product offerings. We work to minimize losses while ensuring an impeccable experience for our customers.
As the Financial Risk Manager you will lead a group of fraud investigation Team Leads to ensure the overall team’s efficiency and accuracy. You will be the ultimate authority around current fraud on the platform and handle the toughest issues. This position will lead a cross functional feedback loop to ensure our broader team is aware of emerging trends and integrating that data into their work.
- Lead cross functional feedback loop to ensure investigation processes and detection are catching the latest fraud trends
- Ensure team is taking accurate actions by leading QA and Training
- Mange team’s efficiency, scheduling and capacity planning
- Spearhead and implement process improvements to constantly improve the team’s execution
- Oversee sensitive escalations and communicate clearly to various partners on key updates and findings.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous experience managing people managers in risk management or fraud
- Proven track record of driving operational excellence
- An analytical thought process and approach to problem solving
- Success in running complex and multi-faceted programs from conception to completion
- A strong empathy for Upwork customers who depend on our product
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.