Marketplace Account Manager
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Sales team brings our on-demand talent platform and services medium and large businesses. As a Marketplace Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of customers, develop new business from existing enterprise clients and actively seek expansion opportunities to grow overall client revenue. This is a quota-carrying role where you will make a visible impact within our growing organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside.
- Demonstrate a strong business case for Upwork through a consultative and value-driven sales process
- Meet and exceed your sales goals through forging relationships with key decision makers within target accounts with the end goal of securing new business and growing overall client revenueIdentify, prioritize, and track progress towards key account metrics and annual quota
- Stay current on our clients' business, industry, and key objectives and challenges so that you can be a trusted ally in providing thought leadership
- Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales engineering, program management, customer care and product management
- Present to a wide audience of potential buyers including C-level and executive sponsors both in person and virtually
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Consistent achievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory closing service offerings
- Industry expertise either in software, human capital management technology, staffing or recruiting industry
- Excellent communication skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions
- Passion for Upwork and a strong motivation to bring in new customers to maximize revenue
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business
- Ability to play well with others on your team through collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Proficiency in salesforce, salesloft, and other CRM or automation tools
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.