Senior Product Manager, Integrations & API's
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Manager with experience in bringing integration capabilities and API’s to market. This involves building a ‘whole product’ solution that includes product working with sales, operations, engineering, marketing, etc. Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing product strategy and prioritizing focus areas; execution of key product initiatives and accountability of outcomes; and communicating plans to key stakeholders.
- Be the leader of your product area by advocating for the customer and platform, owning outcomes and driving to decisions that have positive impact
- Manage our integration and API platform products and bring that capability to market to service customers and partners
- Partner with internal departments to develop, align, prioritize, and execute on the long-term and short-term roadmaps
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. You raise and resolve risks or misalignment
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous work in product management with a focus on integration products or API’s
- Technical aptitude is critical. Must be comfortable with the internal workings of integration platforms and APIs
- Ability to guide engineering teams to enable connections with customer systems and workflows in a scalable and effective manner
- Experience with building a technical product roadmap, breaking it into key milestones and working to execute with cross-functional teams
- Have owned major product initiatives from ideation to completion and can articulate outcomes using data and client insights
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching platform products
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relations at all levels and across the organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.