Lead Product Manager, Marketplace Growth
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Lead Product Manager who is passionate about enabling talent and clients across the globe to find each other and collaborate. You will be a part of the team responsible for the Talent Marketplace, where clients and talent build relationships and do meaningful work together. You will conceive and build innovations to the customer experience that make it easier than ever before to work as and to hire an independent professional. You will identify and rectify obstacles to customer success, increasing usability, control and transparency for customers through thoughtful market design and feature design.
- Combine customer feedback, quantitative data and competitive insights to build a prioritized roadmap of opportunities to greatly accelerate customer success and business growth
- Collaborate with designers, user researchers, data scientists, developers, and other product managers to frame problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Lead projects from conception to perfection: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, development, polish, launch, testing, and iteration until we get it right
- Proactively partner with teams who own pieces of the experience, providing insights, influencing their roadmaps and collaborating closely with high trust
- Partner with Economists to identify market failures and design thoughtful and effective solutions.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment, and driving growth for the business.
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses, and working to execute with cross-functional teams.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Proven ability to combine data and customer feedback to frame problems and develop solutions.
- Strong understanding of and application of Economic principles and market design
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
- You are able to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You are impatient, get things done and are able to drive a supernatural amount of impact. You get your own data insights using SQL, talk to customers and are constantly learning new skills.
- You have experience running two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.