Marketplace Sales Manager
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our Chicago team. This is a ground floor opportunity for a proven leader with a startup mentality who can roll up their sleeves, build our teams and grow the business.
- Recruit and lead a team of Marketplace Account Managers and build a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching and training
- Execute plans and strategies for expanding current high value Marketplace clients and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a detailed, accurate and predictable sales forecast and monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to overall customer satisfaction and retention
- Roll up your sleeves to work closely with executives and client stakeholders to build programmatic use of flexible talent
What it takes to catch our eye:
- You have documented success leading teams selling recruitment technology to organizations
- Throughout your career you have had the opportunity to sell into multiple departments within a single company
- You thrive in a startup environment, selling a service that is new to the marketplace
- You are trained in an expand sales philosophy and MEDDPICC qualification methodology
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.