Cyber Fusion Center Director
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so peop
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork’s Director of the Cyber Fusion Center will lead the Security Operations, Threat Intelligence and Computer Security Incident Response teams, and will be responsible for leading our cyber operations with primary accountabilities focused on the intake, analysis, escalation, management, and subsequent reporting of global threat and risk data that is pertinent to Upwork. This is a superb opportunity to build out a growing company's Security Operations organization!
- Monitor, identify, and analyze information generated from our systems, databases, tool sets, and other data sources. Report all incidents that could potentially pose a risk to Upwork infrastructure or assets.
- You will provide direction on critical decision-making during cyber critical incidents prior to any Crisis Management plan initiation in accordance with our InfoSec policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- You will support other InfoSec embedded analysts, technicians, operators and supervisors with operational tasks, provide guidance to InfoSec Freelance staff and our external contractors.
- Research, analyze, prepare and deliver various intelligence threat briefings, including but not limited to, daily briefings and situational reporting, assesses current situation. Be decisive on if a situation presents a risk to company assets.
- Notify Enterprise Risk Management leadership, as well as associates and other partners, that may be impacted by risks or threats within defined service level agreements.
What it takes to catch our eye:
Experience with various software platforms used in operations center environments (i.e. SIEM technologies, mass notification, critical event management workflow, social media monitoring, etc.).
Display outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
Ability to set priorities in a high-paced environment, prioritize multiple and competing priorities, take initiative, and exercise good judgment while handling incidents.
Comfortable working in stressful situations. You have led a small-sized team of Analysts/Engineers in a security operations or threat management environments.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.