Director, Enterprise Talent Services
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As a member of the Upwork Talent Solutions leadership team, the experienced and enthusiastic Director of Talent Services will support our largest clients. With deep staffing, recruiting and management experience, you know what ‘great’ looks like! You will own a talent strategy that ensures we identify, develop relationships, and drive loyalty with the best talent in the world. To meet our clients’ global resource needs, you will use data and your substantial experience to inform decisions that make an impact. You have a bias for action, and ensure that clients, internal partners, and candidates who move through our process have an exceptional experience. You are excited to harness the power of the world’s work marketplace to unlock what is possible for Upwork’s talent and clients.
- Own the vision and strategy for Upwork’s Enterprise Talent team while balancing goals, resources and growth
- Oversee the teams that recruit and deliver talent for Upwork’s Enterprise and High Value Marketplace clients
- Meet/exceed team SLA’s, and be accountable for fill rate and quality metrics
- Partner with Upwork’s product team to to grow the high quality talent program
- Lead a team responsible for generating vetted, known, loyal and targeted talent benches, and partner with our Product team to expose and grow that talent
- Oversee and manage applicant tracking and productivity systems responsible for engaging and driving utilization of highly qualified candidates
- Ensure an exceptional experience for clients, candidates and business partners
What it Takes to Catch our Eye
- You have experience building trust and driving results across a high performing globally distributed team
- Strong relationship building -- you will need to become the trusted advisor to the client, where at first, there will be no existing relationship. Strong relationships will help you gain access to the people and information we need to grow the account.
- You have a strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can distill differing philosophies and approaches down to the essence and corral partners toward alignment. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy and plan while also rolling up your sleeves and providing detailed guidance at a granular level
- Proven data driven approach to decision making and excellent problem solving skills
- Understanding of global sourcing techniques and tools to identify, court, and land passive talent
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.