Sales Coach, Business Development
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As a Sales Coach, you will be responsible for the Training and Development of our Business Development Representatives. You would be responsible for ensuring our BDR New Hires successfully ramp up and are prepared to meet quota and leading metrics. The Sales Coach will also help create a dynamic learning environment and enable the BDR Organization to be successful and productive on an ongoing basis. The Sales Coach will make recommendations and conduct Training based upon organizational needs within our BDR Teams. The Sales Coach will have the opportunity to contribute to building upon our Enterprise culture, Mission, Vision and Values. This is a critical role for the future success of the Upwork Sales Organization.
- Work directly with our Business Development Teams to provide sales coaching and skill building
- Conduct chairside call shadowing and provide timely feedback based on competencies
- Solicit feedback from sales leadership and managers to build specific and effective training
- Coach and train regularly on sales skills, sales methodology and MEDDPICC Methodology
- Work with sales Leadership to craft effective materials and formalize roleplaying for rep coaching and development (Scripts, Objection Handling)
- Partner with sales adjacent functions (Ops, Solutions, Marketing Success) to ensure alignment, consistency and successful execution of related initiatives
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous Sales Coach or Training Experience- proven success in previous Coaching role
- Previous Selling Experience - proven success within a seller or BDR role
- Desire to take Initiative, thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Creative and able to brainstorm on new projects and program ideas
- Positive, enthusiastic and seeks to make an impact within a mission driven organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.