IT Support Lead
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere
As a part of Upwork’s Corporate Technology team, You will help support our workforce in their front end technical support needs from individual contributors all the way up to our executive team. We are a collaborative team that is passionate and dedicated to our business. That said, we do not take ourselves too seriously, we believe in inclusivity, diversity and being unique and put people at the center of everything we do. As we continue to grow rapidly, we are always on the lookout for curious people, problem-solving, and big thinkers in this fast paced environment to come aboard!
- Focus on the customer experience and resolve the customer’s request using excellent communication skills (onsite or via slack, email, video conference and over the telephone)
- You pride yourself in being an energetic self-starter who shows personal initiative and has experience working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail and provide top-notch service to both onsite and remote users
- Create and maintain documentation about common problems / fixes, computer systems, and servers.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines - delivering high quality, accurate, and helpful technical support and project deliverables
- Monitor team ticket queues, ensure SLOs are met and identify training opportunities. Report on team performance metrics and suggest improvements
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Direct hands-on troubleshooting and IT Support with Linux (Ubuntu), Mac, Windows
- Experience with one or more scripting languages: Python, PowerShell, Bash or Perl
- Experience with LDAP, GSuite and SSO authentication
- Experience with Citrix/OKTA/Crowdstrike/DEP/Jamf/MedC/Atlassian application stack: Jira, Confluence,
- Experience with administration of VMwareESXi and AWS (EC2, HFS, S3, RDS, Lambda
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.