Copy of Lead Product Manager, Talent Marketplace
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Lead Product Manager who is passionate about creating economic opportunities so people have better lives. You will be a part of the vertical team that owns the Talent Marketplace business, where clients and talent build relationships and do meaningful work together. You will lead a team composed of engineering, design, research, analytics and economists to identify and remedy market failures while increasing usability, control, transparency and information processing. You will conceive and build features that drive growth and identify and rectify obstacles preventing customer success. Your market design and product design will knock customers' socks off.
This role requires a passion for our customers, attention to detail, curiosity, critical thinking, and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
- Apply Economic thinking to identify market failures and design thoughtful and effective solutions.
- Combine customer feedback, quantitative data and competitive insights to build a prioritized roadmap of opportunities to dramatically accelerate customers' ability to build relationships
- Collaborate with designers, user researchers, data scientists, developers, and other product managers to frame problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Lead projects from conception to perfection: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch, testing, and iteration until we get it right
- Work closely with designers and developers to deliver a polished final product
- Proactively partner with teams who own pieces of the experience, dividing and conquering and collaborating closely with high trust
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses, and working to execute with cross-functional teams.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Proven ability to combine data and customer feedback to frame problems and develop solutions.
- Strong understanding of and application of Economic principles to our context
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
- You are able to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You have experience running two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.