Lead Product Manager, Talent Growth
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Upwork is looking for a Lead Growth Product Manager to make Upwork the destination and home for the world’s best talent. To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about building experiences and tools that grow the customer base. As a Senior Growth Product Manager, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives focused on acquiring new talent. You'll drive strong decision making through quantitative results and A/B testing, and qualitative research and customer insights. You will come up with big bets on how to increase traffic, run experiments, analyze lots of data, and build and execute a cohesive acquisition strategy.
- This role sits at the intersection of Product, SEO, Marketing, and Engineering. You’ll collaborate with these teams to build and execute our user acquisition strategies. This includes designing and building experiences that drive traffic, building tools for the SEO and Paid Marketing teams, optimizing landing pages and onboarding experiences, rolling out tests to optimize our ad spend and identifying new opportunities and channels of acquisition.
- You will work closely with our talent and internal research, analytics and customer success teams to deeply understand and evangelize our customer problems.
- You will work closely with design, engineering, data science, analytics and other partners in scoping different solutions, collaborating with partners on deciding tools, infrastructure and vendors when applicable, writing user-stories and preparing the organization for product launches
- You will establish success metrics, be outcome driven, test and measure everything, take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- You will tackle long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down fundamental assumptions and going back to the basics
- You will build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers.
- You will measure and improve user satisfaction measures on key talent experiences
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a growth product manager in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with SEO and SEM teams, and ideally managing a paid marketing budget.
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data. Plus is having hands-on experience in querying databases.
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly evolving goals and priorities.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Ability to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- Experience working with two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.