Stock Administrator - Senior Manager
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
In this position, you will manage the overall stock administration and operations including compliance with laws and regulations as well as providing superior customer service for employees, executives and Board members at Upwork. Currently our employees are located in the United States except for a few international employees. But this candidate will have a chance to expand our equity program outside of the United States as we grow internationally in the near future.
- Ensure ongoing compliance of the equity compensation program by monitoring applicable laws and accounting requirements and maintain sound internal controls.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and settlement of all equity transactions; exercise of incentive & non-qualified stock options, RSUs, ESPP program, performance awards and 10b5-1 plan
- Work with Legal to coordinate preparation and filing all Section 16 reports for officers and directors.
- Manage relationship with stock plan administration vendors and the company's transfer agent
- Assist in prep of equity-related sections of the annual proxy statement and other SEC filings.
- Communicate equity plan provisions to participants, as well as upper management.
- Manage multiple 10b5-1 plans with Legal and broker.
- Respond to participant issues, questions and concerns
- Responsible for providing a quarterly equity training, planning a communication strategy for all aspect of the equity programs
- Manage the trading windows and compliance with the company's Insider Trading Compliance Program
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated relevant and progressive work experience in Stock Administration
- Possesses an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of equity administration and management, including tax, and legal concepts for a public company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Very strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with equity administration systems
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.