Enterprise Billing Manager
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Reporting to the Enterprise Billing Director, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end enterprise billing operations as well as assisting the Enterprise Billing Director and Billing Solution Architect team to support Enterprise customers on the billing and collection matters. Our Enterprise clients consist of the mid-size clients to Fortune 100 companies.
- Oversee the day-to-day enterprise bill-to-collect operations of the billing team ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Address escalations of exceptions and discrepancies identified by Billing Specialists
- Monitor collection efforts against credit risk
- Review credit requests, customer returns, refunds, and adjustments prepared by Billing Specialists (credit memos/voids)
- Manage relationships with Client Support staff, including answering questions and providing requested documentation
- Read the contracts and familiarize yourself with all the terms and conditions
- Lead change management practices around process changes and project implementations so team has documentation resources
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Knowledge and experience in revenue recognition and billing
- Experience supervising a remote team
- Experience as a stakeholder on cross-functional projects
- Oracle, BRM, Microsoft Office (specifically advanced Excel) skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and the adeptness to influence and communicate effectively
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.