Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork’s Marketing Automation team is responsible for developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns that grow the use of our work marketplace by both independent talent and clients. The team is focused on using technology to create impactful, and personalized experiences across email, push notifications, sms, and within the platform at scale. We’re all in on evolving how we market to talent and clients, and the Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing will be joining at a pivotal time to lead the team responsible for our Marketplace communications. We have ambitious plans to create a world class customer experience and this role has the opportunity to guide the strategy and bring it to life.
- Manage the strategy and execution of our lifecycle marketing program for the Marketplace side of our business, reporting to the head of Marketing Automation
- Create and refine high-impact multi-channel campaigns (email, push, SMS, in-app notifications, and more) that deliver a great customer experience and grow the use of Upwork’s Work Marketplace through strategy development, campaign deployment, and performance analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to develop compelling campaigns that meet business objectives while also supporting our lifecycle marketing strategy
- Plan and execute ongoing testing to continuously improve multi-channel performance that uncover and unlock campaign growth levers and evangelize opportunities to uplevel the approaches and effectiveness of lifecycle marketing at Upwork
- Obsess over the performance of the channels and share out results
- Manage a team of marketers and independent professionals to ensure we’re hitting business goals, focusing on the areas where we can make the most impact, and strategically improving performance
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A background creating impactful email marketing campaigns, with multi-channel experience as well
- Experience creating lifecycle marketing campaigns in the staffing industry, at a marketplace company, or for a large brand
- Experience using a modern customer engagement tool, such as Braze, Iterable or Salesforce Marketing Cloud and experience leveraging a CDP, such as Tealium or Segment
- Ability to create the quarterly plan, manage competing requests from the business, and execute on the strategy
- Strong project management, team management, and communication skills with cross-functional experience working with creative, product, analytics, and engineering teams
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.