Senior Quantitative UX Researcher - Pricing Strategy
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is developing a pricing and market design function and is looking for an experienced researcher to lead research that supports its strategic efforts.
As Sr. Quantitative UX Researcher (Pricing Strategy), you will conduct research to inform pricing strategy, guide price implementation, and ensure a high quality experience for the users interacting with paid features. Your work is expected to inform how the market is designed to align customer incentives and outcomes for the entire Upwork organization!
You will be part of a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Economists, Analysts, and Pricing Strategists. You will build a strong understanding of the value our products deliver for our users and develop insights to inform our pricing strategies and rewards mechanisms.
- Build a strong understanding of the value our products deliver for our customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to proactively identify, prioritize, plan and execute high-impact studies to inform our pricing strategies and rewards mechanisms.
- Inform and evaluate the user experience of key touchpoints where customers learn and interact with pricing information.
- Conduct market and competitive research to understand how to meet prospective customer needs.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, in-person presentations, or facilitation of co-synthesis and design thinking workshops.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable approach to gathering insights on a regular basis.
- Hire and manage freelance researchers if deemed needed.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in quantitative research, market research, and/or product user experience (UX) research, including surveys and data analysis.
- Experience with methodologies used in pricing research.
- Experience guiding teams toward focusing on the most important research questions to answer, and creating mixed-method research plans for answering them.
- Experience producing rich insights by bridging behavioral and attitudinal data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excitement to proactively work with functions across the company.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.