Executive Assistant to Chief Product and Experience Officer
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Our Chief Product and Experience Officer is looking for a trusted partner to lead the logistical aspects of his world and drive collaboration and innovation with the Product and Experience leadership team, including a to be hired Chief of Staff. This role is not for the faint hearted --- you will be in the thick of it with our team to drive people processes and programs as we create meaningful business impact for Upwork.
It goes without saying that this person must have ultimate discretion -- we are often the first to know the good, the hard, the sad, and the joyful for our team. It’s a privilege to hold these roles, and we must treat it as such. The successful candidate will also have outstanding business acumen, a drive for process improvement, and be an extraordinary self starter.
- Provide support to our CPEX Officer through extensive calendar management, including multi channeled work streams.
- Handle sophisticated scheduling and dependencies and deliverables for programs across the business
- Build briefing packages, agendas, meeting minutes, and follow-up plans -be a strong partner cross functionally with comms, legal, and other core teams.
- Be a visible leader and have comfort being responsible for building and maintaining a great culture in a distributed diverse environment
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Passion for our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
- Proven experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting C-level executives, ideally Heads of Product or Engineering
- To create an atmosphere of trust, and collaboration with all of the people with whom you interact, both internally and externally
- Experience with Google Calendar and Gmail
- To be comfortable interacting with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dedication to push things forward throughout the organization ---- anticipating needs, troubleshooting issues and responding proactively and calmly under pressure
- Utmost attention to detail and timely follow up
- Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and pivot to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.