Senior Analyst, Economics and Market Design
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Analytics team harnesses a wealth of data to empower our leaders across the company and drive thought leadership on critical projects. We constantly improve our understanding of how users grow their business through Upwork and lead key analyses that accelerate growth. This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
- Partner with the Leadership Team, FP&A, Product, and the larger Analytics community in asking difficult questions about the legacy pricing structure of our marketplace then proactively answer those questions.
- Become a thought partner to our Senior Director of Pricing and help them build this new practice within the company.
- Fluently translate behavioral economics into analytical frameworks that can be analyzed and tested. Deliver critical insights to key partners through A/B tests, dashboards, and strategic analyses that compel changes in corporate strategy and product decisions.
- Drive analytics projects from concept to execution: translate a fundamental economic question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
How to catch our eye:
- Show a history of applying critical thinking, curiosity, and eagerness to dive into an analysis while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- Combine a deep understanding of experiments and a strong working knowledge of statistics.
- Demonstrate an ability to distill data into a story and present in a clear way. Exhibit proficiency in data visualization techniques (Looker experience preferred) and experience with scripting or other automation tools and techniques.
- Showcase extensive experience executing analytics projects end-to-end. Thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple work streams. Show us that you’ve made a difference with tangible outcomes in previous roles.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Previous experience in pricing or market design.
- Show a passion for getting into the details - write code, dig into data, iterate quickly and take action.
- Demonstrate a knack for understanding how two-sided marketplaces thrive; experience at eBay, PayPal, Airbnb, Etsy, Lyft, or other two-sided marketplaces a plus.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.