Director of Pricing & Monetization Strategy
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As Director of Pricing and Monetization Strategy, you will be the subject matter expert on strategic pricing and present recommendations on pricing strategy, price optimization, price setting, promotions, policies and tactics. You will be within the Product and Experience organization, on a team of Product Managers, Designers, Analysts and Economists who work together to implement pricing that drives customer and business outcomes.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-informed approach to achieve customer and business goals
- Build business cases for new monetization strategies and driving alignment across the company, including new features, policies and discounts and promotions
- Support other Product teams, sales, marketing and finance teams efforts to drive revenue and maximize profitability
- Define and implement commercial policies, segmentation, discount/promotions management and strategic price agreements
- Ensure effective governance and risk management in overall pricing processes
- Define and evaluate KPIs/pricing compliance to track pricing performance and enable continuous improvements
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in strategy consulting, product management, corporate strategy, including developing and implementing monetization and pricing strategies, ideally with significant experience working with online two-sided marketplaces and SaaS companies.
- Strong analytical skills and financial modeling skills to help drive recommendations through to completion.
- High aptitude to learn quickly, provide critical thinking on new and unknown tasks, and works well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and written and verbal communication skills, as well as ability to work with executives and across functions; well-versed with business discussions.
- Experience leading both qualitative and quantitative customer research methods.
- Deep understanding of Economics principles and Econometrics.
- Excellent leadership of a cross-functional team, as well as ability to work with executives and across functions.
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and bringing launches to market.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.