Associate Program Manager, Contingent Workforce
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Contingent Workforce leader to join our team! In this role, you will be an integral member of the team, leading all aspects of service delivery, compliance & policy adherence, and overall program management to support our outstanding contingent workforce team.
The role will best fit individuals that have experience in some or all of these areas: requisition management, compliance onboarding & classification, and contract management with a key focus on employee, contractor and client customer services.
- Lead contingent process on a global scale. Drive performance and accountability for the program while reducing employment risk across the business.
- Support our full contingent hiring lifecycle including open requisitions, onboarding, and worker classification.
- Participate in strategic sessions including the identification, assessment and prioritization of initiatives and solutions to address strategic and operational issues to elevate delivery.
- Partner with department leaders in Talent Acquisition, Legal, Finance, and HR to ensure understanding and clarity of processes and different delivery models.
- Ensure quality across all contingent delivery channels and assess the ability to scale with business priorities/demand.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, leadership, and managers to drive program adoption.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated professional experience in contingent workforce management, specifically with an on-site MSP or direct client-side.
- Blended experience in requisition management, service delivery, and policy/ compliance management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with tact.
- Thought leader who has experience partnering with executives, delivering quarterly business reviews and workforce planning solutions.
- Desire to work in a team-first environment, to achieve goals and services for the business as a consultative partner.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.