Channel Marketing Manager
Santa Clara | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork’s Category Marketing team is responsible for driving growth by tailoring our marketing programs and services to meet the needs of specific client and freelancer personas in our key categories. The Category Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market strategy for each category, keeping on top of market trends to incorporate fresh ideas and insights into messaging and campaigns. You will own campaign execution end to end, working cross-functionally tailor to Category awareness, acquisition, retention, and product marketing efforts.
- Identify industry trends and specific business opportunities – including cross sell and upsell opportunities - within our key categories and quickly develop campaigns and programs to capitalize on those opportunities
- Build and continually refine category playbooks and campaign calendar that can be used to help drive growth across the broader marketplace
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including product marketing, content, social, email, acquisition, sales enablement, creative, PR/communications, field marketing, events, to identify appropriate channels for content distribution and campaign delivery that drive lead generation and retention
- Establish and own the customer journey map and determine multi-touch programs that deepen engagement and loyalty
- Closely monitor talent supply and demand to ensure balance and identify specific talent skill recruiting opportunities
- Own reporting and analysis on category marketing programs, ensuring programs perform against goals and are continually optimized
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Proven track record of successfully managing B2B and B2C marketing campaigns
- Strong campaign and program management experience in the staffing or online marketplace industries
- Collaborative personality and the ability to build great relationships with internal partners in order to execute your strategy
- Brings a customer-centric mentality
- Strategic and creative thinking abilities that enable you to identify the most important issues and figure out a path to success without an established toolkit at the ready
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.