Technology Recruiter, Talent Scout & Marketplace
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Enterprise Talent Solutions team at Upwork is helping craft the future of work, and we are looking for a dedicated recruiting partner to help grow the talent pools of some of our most dynamic clients. As a Talent Manager at Upwork, you will be partnering with Talent Solutions and Sales leaders and peers to grow and evolve the dynamic talent base for our Talent Scout and Marketplace clients. You will build, curate, and manage a talent pool of potential candidates for incredible opportunities. You will help provide cross-functional direction to your teammates, in order to gather hard-to-find talent and pursue challenging requests; and you will collaborate to discuss bottlenecks, brainstorm solutions, and provide updates on current open requisitions.
Come join a collaborative, diverse team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company's mission and values.
- Manage team pools by building relationships with and crafting communities of top Tech talent (Web, Mobile Software Development, other categories) by evaluating their profiles and skills while enabling their success on Upwork
- Become the Tech talent subject matter expert at Upwork and share your expertise with Talent Scout and Marketplace clients to build and fill jobs, both proactively and reactively
- Manage multiple recruiting cases at a time and actively provide partners with timely updates
- Manage talent requests to ensure that SLAs are met and that delivery expectations and are reasonably set
- Develop a holistic, scalable, and effective talent acquisition and retention strategy
- Lead talent strategy meetings with clients and cross-functional partners and offer recommendations while evangelizing Upwork’s values and benefits to your applicants to make them excited about working on our site and passionate about our mission
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A demonstrated, versatile track record in the world of Technology staffing as a subject-matter-expert within various industries for a diversified client portfolio
- A knack for developing prescriptive staffing solutions strategies on Technology roles, while retaining and building upon a forward-thinking understanding of the skills involved and knowledge of emerging Tech trends and language
- A robust understanding and capability to work with strict SLAs to support discerning clients simultaneously while collaborating with cross-functional partners
- A bias towards action mentality and work ethic to contribute towards improving internal staffing strategies, cross-functional partnerships, client enablement, and procurement efforts
- A passion for recruiting and staffing and experience recruiting in the technology field.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.