Senior Product Manager, Talent Experience
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Lead Product Manager who is passionate about delighting customers by building quality experiences. As a two-sided marketplace, we must attract the world’s best talent and make Upwork a delightful and easy place to connect and work with clients. As a lead product manager, you own a big piece of the experience for freelancers and agencies from onboarding to finding work. You will use customer insights and data to build a results-oriented roadmap and work hands-on with design and engineering to execute, test and learn quickly. You will re-imagine how talent represents themselves, how they find and take advantage of job opportunities, and how they grow their earnings.
- You will work closely with our talent and internal research, analytics and customer success teams to deeply understand and evangelize our customer problems.
- You will work closely with design, engineering, data science, analytics and other partners in scoping different solutions, collaborating with partners on deciding tools, infrastructure and vendors when applicable, writing user-stories and preparing the organization for product launches
- Establish success metrics, be outcome driven, Test and measure everything, take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- Tackle long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down fundamental assumptions and going back to the basics
- Build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers.
- Measure and improve user satisfaction measures on key talent experiences
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams - Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Operations.
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data. Plus is having hands-on experience in querying databases.
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly evolving goals and priorities.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Ability to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- Experience working with two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.