Director of Product, Retention
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As Director of Product Management for Workflows and Retention, you will lead complex initiatives that enable users to unlock the value of the Upwork solution. This effort involves building a ‘whole product’ solution that includes product working with sales, operations, engineering, marketing, etc. Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing product strategy and prioritizing focus areas; execution of key product initiatives and accountability of outcomes; developing a team of product managers to strengthen our product culture; and communicating plans to key stakeholders.
- Be the leader of your product area by advocating for the customer, owning outcomes and driving to decisions that have positive impact
- Directly manage product strategy and execution for multiple products/initiatives
- Manage & develop a team of product managers
- Partner with internal departments to develop, align, prioritize, and execute on the long-term and short-term roadmaps
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business, design, and development teams. You raise and resolve risks or misalignment
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 7+ years working in product with previous experience with Agile development methodologies
- You have led teams and positively influenced the career arc of your team members
- Have owned major product initiatives from ideation to completion and can articulate outcomes using data and client insights
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products
- You take ownership of the results - track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relations at all levels and across the organization
How to really knock our socks off:
- You continually improve the effectiveness of your peers and the organization through your ideas, actions and influence. You enable the team through scalable processes.
- Inspire partners with your product insights through your deep knowledge of the user, workflows, sales and marketing processes, and the strategic initiatives of the business.
- Demonstrate higher level business strategy that encompasses the business as a whole rather than just your team’s objectives
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.