During the months of June and July, Upwork will replace the old client account types with four new membership plans that will allow businesses to choose the best features to suit their needs.
Each plan offers core features with tiered access to premium services:
- Upwork Basic: no monthly fee and includes everything an individual or small team needs to succeed on Upwork.
- Upwork Plus: for teams that want to stand out to quality talent and scale their hiring fast.
- Upwork Business: for businesses looking for a flexible talent solution that scales with them.
- Upwork Enterprise: a solution for larger businesses that combines technology with talent sourcing and compliance services.
As part of the new membership plan rollout, the payment processing and administration fee (PPF) will increase from 2.75% to 3% for all clients who move from the current membership plan to Upwork Basic or Upwork Plus.
I realize these are significant changes, however, I believe they’ll allow us to deliver a higher level of service and talent in the future. I invite you to review the membership page for more detailed information about each plan. Here’s an overview.
New membership plans cover the basics with options for more hands-on support
Every client membership plan gives you access to the tools you need, including access to a large pool of top-quality freelancers on Upwork, safe and easy payments, built-in collaboration features, and the Upwork Payment Protection Plan.
There is no membership fee for Upwork Basic and existing clients will automatically be moved to this plan if they don’t opt into one of the other plans.
Upwork Plus and Upwork Business are designed for small- and medium-sized businesses and provide them with additional tools, such as:
- Job post and talent sourcing assistance
- Dedicated account management
- Featured jobs, which typically attract 50 percent more proposals from Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers
- Advanced reporting options
These and other enhancements will give professional freelancers and agencies a clearer way to identify clients with continuous hiring opportunities.
Upwork Enterprise can help with talent sourcing, worker classification, and centralized freelance contracts. It can also save your organization money and help you deliver world-class work four-times faster. If this plan is likely a better fit, learn more and request a demo.
Building a business for the long term
These changes will allow us to offer a better, more consistent experience and will make Upwork an even better place for business clients and professional freelancers to work together.
To learn more about the membership options and to select a plan, please visit the membership page. To learn more about your plan changes, visit our FAQs. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.