Director of Product, Talent Ads
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is developing a pricing and market design function and is looking for an experienced Product leader to build out Talent Ads from scratch and manage price implementation and the adoption of online subscriptions and other paid features.
- Build an ad system talent love that allow them to win more work. This includes sponsored proposals, sponsored search listings and conversion and quality stats to demonstrate ROI and help talent bid more intelligently.
- Own the implementation and user experience of pricing across the company. This includes paid features, subscriptions and memberships, discounts and promotions.
- Be the leader of your product area by advocating for the customer, owning outcomes, and driving to decisions that have a positive impact
- Manage & develop your team to prioritize, and execute on the long-term and short-term roadmaps
- Define and monitor metrics to track business and customer success and deliver continuous improvement
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Demonstrated experience in product management, ideally with significant experience build an ad platform and two-sided marketplace experience
- Have owned major product initiatives from idea to completion and can articulate outcomes using data and client insights
- Consistent track record in understanding customer needs, working across a variety of functional teams, developing solutions, and launching products
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Deep understanding of Economics principles and Econometrics, including long-run and equilibrium effects
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.