Director, Product Marketing
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As Director, Prdouct Marketing you’ll be in a lead role of a small but mighty team with access to key leaders and areas of the business. You’ll work with partners across the organization to shape new product features and initiatives and ensure we deliver a consistent, customer-centered experience. We’re looking for a strategic leader and customer advocate with experience executing at speed and scale. If you are hungry to drive product marketing strategy for key initiatives and products in a cross-functional, high-impact role, then this job is for you.
- Lead positioning, messaging, insight development and go-to-market work for a range of complex projects
- Leverage your holistic view of Upwork’s different offerings to shape and optimize the customer lifecycle
- Drive customer analysis and research to gain expertise and insights to influence product development and represent the voice of the customer
- Define and run comprehensive go-to-market strategy and planning including positioning, communication of value proposition and launch strategy
- Develop impactful messaging and communications through research and qualitative feedback
- Partner with cross-functional leads and colleagues across product, design, customer support, community, operations, and marketing to manage cross-functional initiatives and ensure a consistent customer experience
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 8+ years of substantial cross-functional, customer-centric experience in product marketing
- Experience managing a team of high performing product marketers
- Proven success at collaborating with and influencing cross-functional partners
- Experience driving a consistent customer experienc
How to really knock our socks off:
- Background working with marketplaces or experience in talent industry
- Experience driving user research and leveraging it to influence across the organization
- Strategist who is comfortable with problem framing and implementing strategic business recommendations
- Upbeat, can-do attitude to take on whatever challenge is thrown your way
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.