Sales Coach - Enterprise Sales Account Management
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As a Sales Coach, you will train and develop our Enterprise and Marketplace Account Managers. You would ensure our AM New Hires successfully ramp up and are prepared to meet quota and leading metrics. The Sales Coach will also help build a dynamic learning environment and enable the AM Team to be successful and productive on an ongoing basis. You will also make recommendations and conduct Training based upon organizational needs within our Account Manager (AM) Teams. This role will have the opportunity to contribute to building upon our Enterprise culture, Mission, Vision and Values. This is a critical role for the future success of the Upwork Sales Organization.
- Work directly with our Account Management Teams to provide Sales Coaching & Skill Building
- Conduct Chair side Call Shadowing and provide timely feedback based on competencies
- Solicit Feedback from Sales Leadership & Managers to build specific and effective Training
- Coach and Train regularly on Sales Methodology, MEDDPICC Methodology, & Account Planning
- Work with Sales Leadership to craft effective materials and formalize roleplaying for rep coaching and development (Scripts, Objection Handling)
- Partner with sales adjacent functions (Ops, Solutions, Marketing Success) to ensure alignment, consistency and successful execution of related initiatives
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to assess performance, and align on KPI’s, Leading Metrics
- Partner with other AE & BDR Coaches to unify efforts across full customer lifecycle
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous Sales Coach or Training Experience- proven success in previous Coaching role
- Previous Selling Experience - proven success within an AM role
- Desire to take Initiative, Thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent Written, Verbal, Interpersonal Communication Skills
How to really knock our socks off:
- Ability to think outside the box
- Creative and able to brainstorm on new projects and program ideas
- Positive, hardworking and seeks to make an impact within a mission driven organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.