Senior Product Analyst, Match
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Business Analytics & Insights team harnesses a wealth of data to empower the company with insights about the business. Our team advises our leaders and product managers across the company and drives thought leadership on critical projects. Our team improves the understanding of how clients and freelancers grow their business at Upwork; we lead key analyses that enable frictionless experience and better design of our marketplace. This is not just an open position - it is an opportunity to join an elite team and deliver concrete impact by turning data into insights!
- Become a thought partner to product managers under our Product & Engineering organization org to improve the match, ontology, and talent Experiences.
- Deliver undiscovered insights to key partners through A/B tests, dashboards, and strategic analyses that compel changes in corporate strategy and product decisions.
- Drive analytics projects from initial concept to execution: translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Apply critical thinking, and curiosity to dive into analysis, producing immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term impact.
- Demonstrate an ability to distill data into a story and present it in a clear way.
- Take strong ownership and hold yourself accountable to always deliver in a reliable manner. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and in handling multiple workstreams.
- Showcase extensive experience executing analytics projects end-to-end. Show us that you’ve made a difference with tangible outcomes in previous roles.
- Exhibit proficiency in data visualization techniques (Looker experience preferred) and experience with scripting or other automation tools and techniques.
- Combine a deep understanding of experiments and a strong working knowledge of statistics.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Show a passion for getting your hands dirty - write code, dig into data, iterate quickly, and take crucial actions.
- Demonstrate a knack for understanding the unique challenges of two-sided marketplaces and a deep curiosity about how they work; experience at eBay, PayPal, Airbnb, Etsy, Lyft, or other two-sided marketplaces a plus.
- Previous experience in ontology, machine learning product development, and measurement is a plus.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.