Sr. Director of Customer Success Programs
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Quality Matches team within the Product and Customer Experience organization enables the core of Upwork: talent and clients connecting with each other. As Sr. Director of Customer Success Programs, your mission is to run programs and services that help customers grow their businesses at scale. You will work closely with your Product partners to deploy the best of technology and humans, building phenomenal customer experiences and maximizing customer success.
- Lead a distributed team of 100+ spread across two functions: Talent Success, which activates, educates and grows independent talent on Upwork through programs and services; and Marketplace Solutions, which consults with clients 1:1 to help them find the right talent for their jobs.
- Lead strategy and prioritization for the team in delivering positive customer and business outcomes. Advocate for the customer and own outcomes.
- Develop and improve programs. Drive continuous improvement in customer success metrics (shared with your Product counterpart) and in efficiency and CSAT with programs and services.
- Partner closely with Product leaders to create an intuitive customer experience that enables both self-service and access to human assistance. Identify customer problems and collaborate to create innovative solutions that use the best combination of product and programs.
- Work with Product and Sales Operations to create tools that enable your team to scale, maximize their effectiveness and measure and improve their success.
How to catch our eye:
- Senior-level experience in Customer Success, General Manager and/or Operations roles in tech
- Measurable success in running complex programs from conception to completion
- Demonstrated experience leading large distributed teams towards measurable customer and business goals
- Proven ability to partner with Product to build amazing customer experiences and team workflows
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relationships and influence across the organization.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Leadership and vision to identify creative solutions, then build and scale them effectively
- Ability to apply structure to ambiguity while pivoting when new challenges arise
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities
- A track record of learning new things and applying them to create step change improvements
- Experience identifying Product failures that your human team was solving, working with Product to correct them, then pivoting your team to work on higher-value opportunities
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.