Senior Business Analyst, Agency Success
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Analytics team harnesses an extensive trove of data from our platform as well as data collected from 3rd party systems to inform and empower the company with insights about the business. We are looking for an independent, self-motivated senior analyst who will drive deep investigations into vast troves of behavioral and transactional data and unlock unique and valuable insights that lead to immediate change within the organization. Our Agency Success team is focused on unlocking the growth potential that would come from building products and services that improve the Agency engagement experience for both Freelancers and Clients. The output of your work will be instrumental in transforming how millions of people around the world work. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with presenting findings to the executives and CEO as-needed and have the managerial courage to defend their conclusions or objectively admit their mistakes.
- Contribute to solving the complex problems inherent to a double-sided marketplace.
- Partner with the Leadership Team, FP&A, and the larger Analytics community in asking difficult questions about the inner workings of our marketplace, specifically as they relate to Freelancer Agencies, then leading the effort to answer those questions.
- Develop an unparalleled understanding of the dynamics behind what makes for a successful Freelancer Agency in order to unlock new sources of growth
- Deliver undiscovered insights to key partners that compel changes in corporate strategy and product decisions
- Develop new metrics and analytical concepts that define and communicate the subtle, nuanced, yet impactful drivers of Agency success
- Build executive-facing dashboards that provide partners with self-serve access to key performance indicators
- Drive analytics projects from idea to execution: translate a business question into an analytical framework, generate insights through analysis, and champion your recommendations to key decision makers.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Minimum of 4 years of professional analytics experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and an eagerness to dive into the data, producing immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability.
- Advanced SQL expertise and a strong affinity for troubleshooting and performance tuning others’ SQL
- Fluency in data visualization techniques with Looker, Domo, Tableau or similar toolset
- Experience with scripting languages (PHP, Python) or other automation tools and techniques
- Previous experience in a marketplace or ecommerce business
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.