Director of Business Operations
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Business Operations team at Upwork is a strategic arm of our finance organization. This newly created function works on key cross-functional initiatives, spanning strategy, operations, analytics and finance
- Act as internal consultant, leading or supporting key strategic and/or operational initiatives
- Dive deep into drivers of our business and determine if there are opportunities for improved understanding and accountability
- Help evaluate M&A opportunities
- Monitor competition and provide insights
- Own Total Addressable Market (TAM) analysis and own or assist with gap analysis
- Work closely with FP&A to align corporate strategy with long range plan
- Partner closely with FP&A, Analytics, and the broader organization on highly strategic projects
- Support and drive preparation of Board meeting materials
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A problem solver who brings structure to qualitative and quantitative insights
- A project manager who connects strategy to execution and makes things happen
- An influencer who collaborates with cross-functional teams to ask the right questions and get buy-in to deliver on our strategic initiatives
- Excellent communication skills with executive presence
How to really knock our socks off:
- 10+ years of experience in a consulting firm, investment bank, or high growth business, including 3+ years of experience in a consulting firm or investment bank
- Understanding of internet, staffing, and/or saas businesses
- A relentless curiosity and drive to solve problems
- A self-starter who can work independently under tight timelines
- Desire to work across departments and bring structure and scalability to big ideas and ambiguous information
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.