Middle Market Account Manager
Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Sales team brings our on-demand talent platform and services to small, medium and large businesses. As a MidMarket Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of assigned Enterprise level customers and actively seek expansion opportunities to grow overall client value and spend. This is a quota-carrying role where you will make a visible impact within our growing organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside.
- Demonstrate strong business use for Upwork through a highly consultative and strategic needs based analysis process
- Meet and exceed your sales goals and metrics through forging relationships with executives within your book of business with the end goal of entire organization adoption and increasing spend per client
- Stay current on clients' business, industry, and key objectives and challenges so that you can be a trusted ally in providing thought leadership and be prescriptive in use
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- Collaborate and coordinate client deliverables with internal program team including program success, solution architect, talent services, and compliance/payroll specialist
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3+ years of account management experiences and consistent achievement of sales goals and activity metrics
- Excellent communication skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions
- Passion for Upwork and a strong motivation to drive change management into the future of work
How to really knock our socks off:
- 3+ years of industry expertise either in software, human capital management technology, staffing, or recruiting industry sales
- Drive and willingness to exceed expectations with a strong work ethic
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business
- Ability to play well with members on your team through collaboration and sharing of learned insights
- Experience with Salesforce, DOMO, and other CRM and reporting tools
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.