Sr. Product Designer, Workflows & Retention
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Designer to tackle unique problems with our users at heart. You will work closely with a cross-functional team to deliver a product enabling clients and freelancers to grow their businesses on Upwork with an experience that cultivates trust and tools that unlock collaboration.
You’ll also support our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
The role requires curiosity, critical, abstract thinking, and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and fellow designers to frame problems and take ideas from concept through implementation
- Demonstrate high quality design practices by ensuring decisions are made with appropriate user insight. Follow existing UX/UI systems and make well-informed decisions when developing new patterns
- Lead projects end to end: strategy, research, concepts, information architecture, interaction design, launch and testing
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Work shoulder to shoulder (metaphorically) with developers to deliver the polished final product
- Mentor members of the design team
What we hope to see:
- You have a strong work ethic and a readiness to focus and commit. You can lead a project from start to finish and passionately persue high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love.
- Solving thorny problems is why you get up in the morning. You can clearly demonstrate your problem-solving process -- tell a story of how you went from a business or user need through to a successful outcome.
- You’re looking for growth. You recognize past missteps, and can walk us through how you overcame them, and what you learned.
- You’re a self-motivated, excellent communicator, able to balance quality work with fast turnaround. You enjoy collaboration and work creatively with remote team members.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.