Director of Product Management, Talent Experience
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As a two-sided marketplace, we must attract the world’s best talent and make Upwork a fabulous and easy place to connect and work with clients. The Director of Talent Experience owns the product experience for freelancers and agencies from onboarding to finding work to reputation. You will use customer insights and data to build a results-oriented, strategic roadmap and work hands-on with design and engineering to execute, test and learn quickly. You will re-imagine how talent represent their skills, how they find and take advantage of job opportunities, and how they grow their earnings.
- Own your product area: know your customer and metrics, set a compelling vision and lead a team of PMs, designers and engineers to execute aggressively
- Test everything, take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- Partner with data science, analytics, product and operations to create win-win-wins for talent, clients and Upwork
- Tackle long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down fundamental assumptions and going back to the basics
- Build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers.
- Measure and improve user satisfaction measures on key talent experiences
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams - Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Operations.
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data. Plus is having hands-on experience in querying DB.
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves and jumping in when needed.
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly evolving goals and priorities.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Fun to work with and a natural leader.
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results.
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You are able to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You have experience running two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.