Lead Product Manager, Acquisition & Onboarding
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Acquisition & Onboarding team at Upwork strives to build experiences that ensure we’re acquiring the right clients, and landing them on experiences that inspire and motivate them to take meaningful action through our site. Our mission is to build experiences and create paths that align with our customers' needs, so that they are able to best accomplish their goals and projects, regardless of size or complexity.
In this role you will gain a deep understanding of our clients, their motivations and needs. You’ll collaborate with the acquisition and partnerships teams to build and execute our user acquisition strategies. This includes rolling out tests to optimize our ad spend, identifying new opportunities, and maximizing success with our partners.
- Define and execute against a strategy and roadmap that focuses on acquiring and converting clients, with a keen eye on driving positive impact for our customers and the business
- Partner with design and engineering to develop and execute against a data-backed roadmap while making trade-offs between features and speed to market
- Collaborate with analytics to define and analyze success metrics for product features and initiatives
- Lead a team around a single focus that drives forth desired results
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Proven experience in developing a roadmap and strategy that is backed by a thorough understanding of the customer's needs and the available market solutions
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves and jumping in when needed
- Analytical prowess: You possess a keen ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and identify key levers for optimization
How to really knock our socks off:
- Deep compassion for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels and acquisition channels
- Experience with shipping high quality user experiences, preferably at an internet B2B company
- Validated experience in designing A/B tests, picking the right testing platform (in-house Upwork, Facebook, Google), communicating results, and providing guidance to non-technical partners
- Experience working with performance marketing
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks
- A passion for our business because we’re not just another internet company. We empower people around the world to do excellent work and to hire great workers from wherever they are
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.