Chicago | Illinois | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Enterprise Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. Many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2020. As a result more companies are moving towards flexible workforce solutions and many are using online staffing platforms to adopt this shift. Today 30% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done.
We are looking for a Sales Director to join our team in Chicago. This is a ground floor opportunity for a proven leader with a startup mentality who can roll up their sleeves, build our teams and grow the business.
- Recruit and lead teams of Account Executives and build a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, mentor and training
- Develop plans and strategies for acquiring Mid Market businesses and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Build a detailed, accurate and predictable sales forecast and monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to overall customer satisfaction and retention
- Partner with marketing, product and delivery to build world class customer programs and ensure tight coordination and collaboration across Sales, Solutions, and Program Success
- Roll up your sleeves to prospect and help close deals
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Documented success leading teams selling recruitment technology to Enterprise organizations
- Ability to sell into multiple departments within a single company
- Experience in a startup environment, selling a service that is new to the marketplace
How to really knock our socks off:
- Demonstrated experience with building and successfully scaling sales processes
- Ability to adapt quickly depending on the sales need
- Coaching and mentoring sales people through deals
- Experience with a “land and expand” sales philosophy highly preferred
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.