Senior Product Manager, Talent Lifecycle
San Francisco | California | United States
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
As a two-sided marketplace, our business is dependent on building and capturing client demand for talented freelancers and finding the world’s best talent to work with these clients. We have amazing freelancers on our platform and an impressive array of clients including Fortune 100 brands however there is still a huge opportunity while Upwork captures a larger market share.
The Senior Product Manager will lead the initiatives which build innovative features for Upwork’s large freelancer community including new services for onboarding, managing supply, reputation management, Identity and improving overall trust in our marketplace. You will meet with clients and freelancers and conduct user research while digging into some large data sets to understand what the needs and inefficiencies are to make sure we are building the right thing.
You will optimize existing pipelines and build new pipelines of talented freelancers, create new experiences to better match them with great opportunities, and help them grow their earnings while driving a positive impact on the flexible jobs global economy.
- You will work in the team that designs and builds solutions to address talent acquisition, growth, retention, and other talent placement opportunities.
- You will lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization.
- You will partner with engineers and designers to define detailed requirement docs, wireframes, conduct daily standup meetings and monitor KPIs of product releases.
- You will partner with data science, analytics, product and operations to push the limits of our market dynamics resulting in growth of freelancer earnings and hiring managers' spend and retention.
- Take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next.
- You will solve long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down many of the fundamental assumptions that went into the design of Upwork’s marketplace.
- You will build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers.
- You will take ownership of the results - track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next.
- You will be responsible for constructing and managing user satisfaction measures, which capture the perspicacity and persuasiveness of Upwork’s matching systems.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience working as a product manager in a high paced environment
- Designed products for both consumers and businesses
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams - Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Operations.
- Have deep knowledge and understanding of B2B Enterprise systems/processes and how they’re built.
- Proven track record running A/B tests and assessing customer needs.
- Able to understand enough of the complex technical architecture to be effective at understanding the implications of product/design decisions
- Deep experience leading and launching new products to market.
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data. Plus is having hands-on experience in querying DB.
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves and jumping in when needed.
- Flexibility to efficiently pivot and react to rapidly evolving goals and priorities.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Fun to work with and a natural leader.
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results.
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You are able to create a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You have experience managing two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.