Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Creative Team at Upwork is a tight-knit group that believes in not taking ourselves too seriously, creating awesome stuff, and having fun.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Art Director with strong conceptual abilities and integrated campaign experience. Experience executing ideas across TV/OLV, OOH, online advertising, social and experiential is a key requirement. You will manage a small team of designers and copywriters to develop a broad range of work. We’re a small team with a hands-on proactive approach.
A combination of ad agency and in-house experience is preferred but not mandatory.
We work with many teams internally –content, social, paid acquisition, growth, design systems and product – on a diverse range of projects. You will play a role in shaping the Upwork brand from campaigns to the product experience.
This role reports to our Executive Creative Director.
- Concept innovative, interesting and culturally relevant creative ideas.
- Manage a team of visual designers and copywriters with a focus on their professional development.
- Present creative work clearly and confidently to internal stakeholders.
- Lead projects to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Bring a positive proactive approach to solving strategic problems.
- Utilize business and customer insights to create original innovative ideas.
- Manage other disciplines involved in the development of projects including visual designers, illustrators, photographers and motion designer
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 7+ years of experience as a Senior Art Director with agency and in-house experience.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating strong campaign thinking.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Knowledge of adtech and online advertising
- Innovative social campaigns
- Award winning work
- Ability to understand business goals and strategy, and develop creative solutions that move the business forward
- Please submit a portfolio with your resume.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.